Accountant with Banking Focus & Supervisory Responsibilities
|Title:||Accountant with Banking Focus & Supervisory Responsibilities|
DescriptionHave you ever said (or even just thought) “I know it’s geeky, but I love bookkeeping!”?
Do you feel an absurd amount of pleasure when a bank account reconciles on the first try?
Do you do a happy dance when you finally find the error that keeps that bank account from reconciling?
Do you enjoy the challenge of understanding a g their businesses and helping them grow?
Are you computer & systems savvy and love learning new technologies?
Would you thrive in a workplace that offers you all of these things and gives you the flexibility to work remotely?
SmartBooks’ Vision is to become the most valued and most referred provider of bookkeeping and controller services to small and mid-size business in the Northeast by making bookkeeping an asset for our clients. In order to do that, it’s important that both our clients and our employees share our Core Values:
- Great systems and processes guiding great results
- Productivity and efficiency
- Valuable reporting
- Accountability to self, team, company, and clients
We have a unique opportunity for a full time Accountant.
This position is a different from our typical SmartBooks Accountant; rather than working on multiple small business clients, your work will be dedicated to one of our larger clients, focusing on bank accounting operations, posting transactions, reconciling a large number of bank accounts, and supervising a second accountant.
This is a salaried position; however, we are looking for candidates with the flexibility to work a greater number of hours during the first half of the month (including some weekend work when needed) to support a timely closing of the books. Your schedule can then be reduced accordingly the second half of the month to provide balance.
We are seeking the following abilities and experience:
- Consistently positive attitude, especially in the face of adversity
- Attention to detail, desire for structure and organization, assertiveness, and pride in high quality work
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with remote employees
- Consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures
- Ability to independently complete personal responsibilities and meet deadlines while collaborating with other members of the larger accounting department.
- Manage time and work efficiently, primarily using computer applications not paper lists.
- Experience reconciling a large number of bank and/or credit card accounts.
- Multi-entity / inter-company experience
- Knowledge of / experience with a mid-market accounting software (other than QuickBooks) a plus
- Desire and ability to lead a 2-person bank accounting team.
- Knowledge of accrual basis accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- We offer a salary of $50,000 to $55,000 per year.
- We have a generous paid time off policy, provided goals and deadlines are met on time.
- Initial training will be at the SmartBooks office in Concord. Subsequently, we expect one day per week at the client’s location in Newton, MA; remaining days can be worked from home, in Newton or in Concord.
- We offer Stock Appreciation Rights, giving you a stake in SmartBooks’ growth.
- We offer Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance and Delta Dental insurance – and we kick in for a portion of the premium.
- We cover all premiums for short & long term disability coverage and life insurance through Lincoln Financial.
- We even have a 401Kplan through ING.
- All employees are benefits eligible the first of the month after date of hire – no lengthy waiting period for coverage!
- As with all of our roles, there are long term growth and advancement opportunities.